ISA2019 Madrid is the International Stillbirth Alliance’s 11th annual conference, having been held previously in countries such as Australia, Norway, Holland, Vietnam, Canada or Ireland. It is one of the most important events of the year for a global community of scientists, mothers / fathers and health professionals who work continuously to reduce the 2.6 million intrauterine deaths and the 2.7 million neonatal deaths that occur annually around the world.
ISA’s conferences are unique in the way that they bring professionals and non professionals together to talk about the prevention of perinatal death and bereavement care for families that experience the death of their baby before, during or after birth.
The 2019 conference will address the most innovative research and clinical practices and focused on 7 overarching objectives, each of which will guide the conference programming:
- To promote the provision of healthcare services based on collaboration between parents (advocates), health professionals from multidisciplinary contexts and public health administration.
- To promote evidence-based best practices in clinical and bereavement care.
- To humanise perinatal bereavement care by increasing awareness and understanding of parents’ needs.
- To reduce perinatal mortality through the promotion of prevention strategies and research into mortality risk factors.
- To foster the development of research, innovation and dissemination of scientific knowledge on perinatal death and bereavement.
- To improve the work-life quality of healthcare professionals and explore their needs.
- To reduce the socio-economic costs of perinatal death.
The 2019 conference will be held on the 5th & 6th of October 2019 with pre-conference events and workshops happening on the 3rd & 4th of October.